HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT (HSE) POLICY OF DREDGE MASTERS LIMITED (DML)
The Managing Director, the Deputy Managing Director and all Departmental Managers acknowledge the high importance of safety in our operations and are highly committed to providing HSE standards that is par excellent to ensure a hazard free work environment for its employees and the public at large.
By implementing this policy through HSE management systems, we shall:
PLAN IMPROVEMENTS IN HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT BY:
- Complying with the letter of PART XV of Ghana Labour Law, Act 651 of 2003, Approved Codes of Practices, and HSE standards set by Government of Ghana and internationally recognized HSE standards applicable to our industry.
- Ensuring the risks to the health and safety of employees, contractors and visitors are systematically managed to as low as is reasonably practicable
- Setting Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Reasonable and Time-bound (SMART) objectives/targets to improve HSE management and performance in keeping with stakeholder expectations.
- Taking due account of HSE risks and benefits in decision-making and as a component part of business strategy.
- Actively supporting city authorities in delivering on the environmental strategies of improving marine water quality.
- Removing contaminated sediments from waterways/drains, with the intention of improving water quality and restoring the health of aquatic ecosystems.
IMPLEMENT AND OPERATE EFFECTIVE RISK CONTROL SYSTEMS BY:
- Ensuring employees have the competence and resources to discharge their responsibilities for health, safety and environmental matters and encouraging a positive safety culture.
- Provide and improve employee’s access to health and wellbeing services.
- Securing the commitment and participation of our employees in improving HSE management through effective communication and consultative mechanisms.
- Ensuring collaboration with all stakeholders to support effective risk controls and implementation of this policy
MONITOR HSE PERFORMANCE, TAKING CORRECTIVE ACTION WHERE REQUIRED BY:
- Monitoring HSE management system indicators to improve performance
- Ensuring that root causes are identified in the investigation of incidents/accidents.
- Effective collaboration with auditing agencies- internal/external to provide assurance and ensure appropriate corrective action where required.
UNDERTAKE REGULAR MANGEMENT REVIEWS:
- Regularly review the suitability and effectiveness of HSE management including this policy and undertake improvement action where appropriate.